Wednesday, November 6, 2013

"Jesus is Calling"

Post #2:  "Jesus is Calling"  So today I come home from work and I have two messages on my answering machine.  As I play them, I'm hoping that it would something great, like I won some cash or a call from a long lost friend. Instead, both messages are automated calls sent from my church.
For you to understand this post, I must start from the beginning.  Sometime last year, our church started using an automated system, like most school districts use, to send out messages to the congregation about events going on in the church. They went from having practically no communication short of The Pony Express to this newfangled automated system.  Needless to say, it was overused.  You would think they would have a sweet, cheerful lady with a pleasant voice record and send these messages.  Instead, they have a man that sounds like the voice of Satan and has one foot in the grave. 
Recently, we have been notified over a half dozen times that the church is holding a craft show and bake sale.  We have gotten so many calls from the system since its inaugural call that when we see the number on the caller ID, we now say "Jesus is Calling!" with smiles on our faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment